Logo

More rpm and less go on the water

okcguy75

87 20ft with omc cobra out dr

87 20ft with omc cobra out drive. WIth trim all the way down it is starting to slip.It will only slip at WOT on top end and i have lost speed. It goes into gear perfect and drives great. It started to get worse after last week when we had the boat loaded and pulling my buddy on his wake board. It will still pull my buddy on his board out of the water with out a problem. But as we try to drive wot it slips and will not even break 32mph. what do you think?

4.3 merc omc cobra out drive d

4.3 merc omc cobra out drive dont know what prop is on it. I think it might be for low end the way it pulls out of the water and a wake board out of the water. No it stays in gear perfect! No grind going in or out. Just builds rpm now instead of speed. I had it to 45mph now it will only do 32mph cause it is just building rpm and not speed.

"My first guess would be that

"My first guess would be that your prop hub is starting to slip (the rubber inner hub), either try a different prop or scribe a line across the back of the hub, take it for a ride and then check the line, if it moved then it's slipping and you need to take it to a prop shop and have a new hub put in. This will happen more often if your doing a lot of quick take offs under load."

Back