Logo

93 merc TT motor needed or rebuild kit

D

dan tuinstra

My TT motor is gone. I tested

My TT motor is gone. I tested as per the manual and no movement and very little noise. I eliminated the switches and the relays. still no go.

So how or where can I get a new or rebuilt motor for less than the entire motor is worth? or a kit? what are my options. Right now I am using the bypass screw so I can go fishing.

dan
Out in oregon land

" dan
This was made on a John

" dan
This was made on a Johnson 70, but will probably work on your mercury as well.
I had a power trim, where the springs for the brushes (in the electric motor) had corroded and almost disappeared. I replaced them (just simple coil springs, doesn't seem to be sold as a spare part), and did a careful seal job on the electric motor. Also be sure to clean the brush area from graphite dust, as it is conductive.
Good luck.
Robert "

" dan , i found a great used o

" dan , i found a great used one at a shop in wilmington n.c. called discount marine, they had more, i payed only 350 for the one i got "

" Dan, BoatUS stocks a good se

" Dan, BoatUS stocks a good selection of Power Trim/Tilt motors. They appear to cost between $150-210. Hope you find one that fits. "

try a good auto starter and g

try a good auto starter and gen. repair shop in your area they always help me in the long run. marine thing are not a big buck thing to them they see tilt and trim motor on snow plows all the time . k8vol good luck.

Back