Logo

Hard start 90HP Yamaha 2001

S

Steve Peek

"Just recently my 90hp yamaha

"Just recently my 90hp yamaha has become impossible to start when cold unless I use starter fluid. It previously started just fine even in very cold conditions last Jan. Runs great otherwise, was recently tuned. Has warm-up lever and no elec choke. The bulb seemed to stay mushy so I replaced it and the new one stays mushy as well.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks."

Ok...I determined that the bul

Ok...I determined that the bulb is installed in a location where it is not ideally oriented. When adjusted so that the flow arrow is oriented "upwards" it gets firm. The engine still does not start after pumping the bulb firm and positioning the warm-up lever all the way up. It appears to not be getting fuel because it will start immediately with starter fluid. Any suggestions? Thanks.

The primer bulb was replaced.

The primer bulb was replaced. Which Yamaha parts should I buy...?

"My yamaha 115 fuel pressure b

"My yamaha 115 fuel pressure bleeds down between starts, more noticeable when engine is tilted up. Pumping the bulb and applying the choke is required when I shut down for more than 5 minutes. No leaks found at all clamps and fittings between bulb and carbs. Any experience with this?"

"Replace plugs every other yea

"Replace plugs every other year; They burn clean. Fuel bleed has been a problem since I bought it new in 2000. Could the fuel cap or gas tank fittings cause the pressure loss? Fuel pump diaphragm? Why would the enging angle at rest modify the pressure loss? I fish skinny water - run the engine full power to a hole, shut down & raise engine, drift 10 min, start up. 3 min shut down - no problem. 5+ min - soft bulb, pump & choke."

115 2 or 4 stroke?
u need to

115 2 or 4 stroke?
u need to have a fuel pressure gauge on there and you want less than 6" of vacuum but i like 4"

115c 2 stroke. You lost me on

115c 2 stroke. You lost me on the 4" vacuum - please explain.

Back