Logo

175 Beto Hard to Start

M

Malcolm Tieman

"Can anyone help me out, I hav

"Can anyone help me out, I have a Yamaha 175, Beto about 92/93 i think, I often have trouble starting. I use it about every month or so, I never use throttle just choke and it nearly always flattens the batteries, what am I doing wrong, cheers"

When was the last time you cha

When was the last time you changed the spark plugs on this unit and serviced the fuel system?

"Hi, It was serviced about 40

"Hi, It was serviced about 40 hours ago, 9 months roughly, and at the same time I installed a new watertrap, I change filters about every 6 months or so."

"I had the carbys cleaned out

"I had the carbys cleaned out and replaced all the filters and new plugs etc, I have had a water problem in the past but have since fitted a water trap which seems to have fixed the problem. When I use the boat frequently I dont have a problem, it seems to be when its left for a month or so. Should I be using throttle and the choke at initial start-up, or just choke only, any help you can offer would be appreciated, mal"

I suppose you could give it th

I suppose you could give it throttle to see if it helps. Does it cost anything to try it???

Back