Logo

OMC 460 Exhaust manifolds

B

baykrboy

"I am looking to obtain a set

"I am looking to obtain a set of exhaust manifolds for my Four Winns OMC Ford 460 7.5L engine. I was informed by at least 6 different suppliers including OMC that they are no longer available nor in the aftermarket arena either. Any help that someone could shed would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Ken"

I believe that there are Adapt

I believe that there are Adapter Plates available to allow Chevy BBlock Exhaust manifolds to bolt up to your Ford.........

"I have also heard about the a

"I have also heard about the adaptors. The thing is I also heard they do not line up right and you end up with increased back pressure, leaks etc. May not be entirely the case, but is what I've heard. My dad has the same motor, so far so good. He had some work done and I remember we arrived at the dock and the guy working on the boat was STANDING ON THE MANIFOLDS!! We told him to get the hell off the engine. What an idiot! Later we are telling another guy about this and he couldn't believe it. He was the one that told us those manifolds are just about impossible to find and if you do find a set you'll pay big bucks. Doug russell.com may have them but again $$$ and we're talkin Doug Russell.com so add another $$$ to that. May want to get your old ones acid boiled to clean them out or welded if you have a crack."

"B-Boy,
Forget it ! I had my

"B-Boy,
Forget it ! I had my boat laid up two years looking for the elusive adapters. The comany that made them said they are out of stock.No longer being made and told me that "someone" might have one on their shelf but couldn't tell me who that someone might be ! I have also not heard any good about the adapters.
I changed out the 460 Ford to a Merc.GM"

i have 2 sets of manifolds and

i have 2 sets of manifolds and know where to get the adapters. just put some on my 460. gotta look up the distributor

"Alex,
I junked my 460 and go

"Alex,
I junked my 460 and got $40 for it so I stripped it down. I still have a lot of parts,accesories from the engine and drives. Going to go the way of the engine pretty soon."

I have a 1989 Four Winns 245 V

I have a 1989 Four Winns 245 Vista with a 7.5L OMC King Cobra. Ingested sea water and engine is frozen. Risers are shot and manifolds are rusted. I don't trust them. What is the best and cheapest way to re-power? Boat is in good condition.

"Hey WW,
The cheapest way is

"Hey WW,
The cheapest way is to find a "Donor" boat.I bought a '86 Wellcraft with a 350 magnum setup. The boat was phyically shabby because the husband died and the wife let it sit without canvas and the gel coat and interior looked like H***. mOTOR HAD 400 HOURS. i GOT IT FOR $600 AND stripped all the drive components out. Rebuilt the engine to 330 HP for $1900. Sold the old crap for scrap. No one wanted it.Afterwards I found what I was looking for, as always happens. A 89 Baha, 454 Bravo with a rebuilt motor and the usual deteriorated cockpit that made it look bad...$3000 . too bad.
The Merc conversion is simple and almost a "bolt on" switch."

"Hardin Marine stepped up and

"Hardin Marine stepped up and developed a 460 direct bolt on exhaust manifold. Offered only by CP Performance and Hardin Marine this kit can be purchased starting at $1500/ pair. Any questions please feel free to email me [email protected] I will do my best to check back on this forum and answer any questions also. Call us today for more information. 1-800-225-9871.
147204.jpg
147205.jpg
"

"CP performance,
WOW ! I woul

"CP performance,
WOW ! I would have stayed with the 460. It was a solid engine when I scrapped it.Manifolds look great but I think that it's a little late. I hope they make their money back and help a LOT of other owners..
I'm happy with the change out as it was relatively eazy and now maybe someone will buy it since it is powered by Merc."

"Hey Baykrboy-
I'd recomm

"Hey Baykrboy-
I'd recommend talking to Gil Marine. They claim to offer a manifold setup for Ford 460 (Magnum Sport Series). I'm not sure of the price, but Gil marine has a solid reputation.Customer service #(800) 624-9805
Best of Luck!
Dan"

"Well it's been over a yea

"Well it's been over a year since this message was started. I wonder what Bakryboy did in that year?.
Changing out to Merc was the best thing for me. I found that the parts that I took off had bad cases etc. and I would have been hunting for more expensive parts.
I'm glad that I don't have to feed my 460 anymore ! The Donzi sits and I use my 9.9 on a 14ft. "Tin Yacht"...Ha,Ha"

"Hi, I can supply stainless wa

"Hi, I can supply stainless watercooled one piece headers which are a direct fit. not cheap but 5 year warranty, more power, better fuel economy. email [email protected]
215787.jpg
"

hi have a pair brand new omc m

hi have a pair brand new omc manifolds 1400.00 949 633 3168 alan

Back