Logo

DD 671 TIbs

egg4343

"1988's with 1700 original

"1988's with 1700 original hrs and 50 hrs since rebuilds with cylinder kits, heads, blowers, injectors, fuel pumps and all new hoses. Ran fine this spring, crusing at 2000 RPM and maxing out at just over 2300, until one day I could not get starboard engine to go over 1900 RPM. My mechanic found one bad injector and I was back in business, maxing over 2300. Then last week returning from a three hour trip out I smelled diesel fumes on my return and turned around to see black smoke bellowing out my exhaust, again could not get above 1950 RPM. Temp. stayed at 180 with good oil pressure. When brought down to idle black smoke totally disappeared. My guy changed to more injectors with same results, with engine under load black smoke rolls out worse with every increase in RPM. Help!!!!"

"your air housing shut down ma

"your air housing shut down may be triped, it is on top of the blower, there is a lever to move to see if it is triped if so ,then reset it.
you may have a blowen in jector tip."

"Found blown injector tip, no

"Found blown injector tip, no more black smoke but can not get rpm over 1900. Had boat hauled, everything on bottom was fine. Any ideas?"

need to reset injectors to spe

need to reset injectors to spec and make sure you are getting full rack under valve cover and full throttle with hand control

"For every one's knowledge

"For every one's knowledge, the last piece was vey simple, fuel filters that were changed last season and needed to be changed again, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"

Back