Logo

To all the new boat owners a bit of advice

bbbobbb

"To all the new boat owners a

"To all the new boat owners a bit of advice. DONT FILL YOUR OUTDRIVE FROM WERE THE TOP DIP STICK HOLE IS.Fill it the right way, I did and seize my outdrive,lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$"

What drive? I heard someone sa

What drive? I heard someone say that OMC Cobra is filled through the top. I know the OMC Stringer manual says to fill from the bottom to prevent air bubbles.

Omc outdrive is filled from th

Omc outdrive is filled from the middle....We have done ours quite a bit lately.

"OMC Cobras are filled from bo

"OMC Cobras are filled from bottom and vented out through middle. Then close middle vent and fill up to dip-stick mark.
ANY other method gives the risk of an air-pocket in lover unit!
Stringers are filled: Lower unit - upper unit seperately, but both from bottom and up!"

Jason...you need a little hand

Jason...you need a little hand pump available from most marine stores. It screws into the top of the bottle of lube and the other end has a screw on fitting that goes into the drive where you removed the drain or vent screw from. They are usually less than $10 and well worth it.

Well good post - I really scre

Well good post - I really screwed this up - Cobra Lower unit - I drained from middle only got 1 quart out when I refilled - from middle only got 1 quart in - Did not see lower plug - Will do a complete oil change after a test run - Yes the pump is $10 and a must need for this job.

Thanks for the info

Back