Logo

Honda bf100 wonbt rev up

tsrrab01

"I have a Honda BF100 4 stroke

"I have a Honda BF100 4 stroke CDI starts good, idles good. Idle all day long and also in gear, but won't rev up. New plugs cleaned carb 4 times, still no luck. 90 lbs. compression both cylinders. New fuel line and tank. Clean diaphram and fuel pump and seems to hold good pressure. When I go to rev it up it stalls out. Electical plug on side of motor housing, can't figure out what it is. Bought used with no manual and doesn't seem to have been run for several years. Has good oil pressure. Please help."

If it was left sitting with fu

If it was left sitting with fuel in the carburetor the small jets may be plugged. Start with cleaning the carburetor.Checked the timing???? Checked that it is firing on both cylinders????

I have a Honda BF50 and had th

I have a Honda BF50 and had the same problem. I got tired of removing/cleaning/replacing carbs and bought the entire carb assembly (manifold with 3 carbs already mounted)and the problems was solved. Runs great and revs to spec. My thought was at least I'd find out for sure if it was a carb problem.

I also have a B100 that runs g

I also have a B100 that runs great till I try to rev it up then it bogs down and dies. Any ideas?

Back