Logo

OH OHPower

cathy

Contributing Member
"Well hello again and soo soon

"Well hello again and soo soon you say? Yep.,I think we wired something wrong. Ater we got the boat water problem cured,,,,,,,,,,LOL the engine died,(we know there is old fuel in there), anyway he (hubby), says he has power cuz the gages move,but, boat won't start. Now remember he bought a new key switch? How do we begin with this problem........"

"Need more info, does the star

"Need more info, does the starter motor engage? In other words is the engine cranking but it's just not firing or starting. If a new switch was put in (maybe wired wrong?) Does hubby have a multimeter? Need to measure from the positive side of the coil to ground and see if you have 12v while turning the key to start."

"Thank you for your reply, he

"Thank you for your reply, he took the day off to go fishing, LOl much needed break from working ont the boat. We have the mutimeter, so I will give you more info as I get it. Could be days....LOL./ Anyway I don't have the answer to the starter motor engaging when I know I will post. Thnks."

"The starter doesn't engag

"The starter doesn't engage (Bob) probably wired wrong , lost the paper that he wrote down the wiring.Measured with meter, only registered 4, and when key totally engaged , nothing. Weird. He has 3 heavy red wires , 3 purple wires and one small tan wire......... No book for this boat, and can't find anything online....."

"You know everyday brings me c

"You know everyday brings me closer to the fish...........The boat was not completely in neutral...........off by a hair, so therefore, the kill swithc was engaged............Maybe we will do it right soon....By the way we still have to set some pins on the shift cable according to our phone mechanic......Thanks guys, wish us luck"

Back