Logo

98 saltwater series 2 carbed AlarmLimp mode

R

Ray Balcer

------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have 98 yam 200 saltwater 2 Carbed.Warning Buzzer & Limp mode.Have changed both oil senders and ohmed both temp switches also thermo switch.No resistance. Have unpl

your trim sender is part of th

your trim sender is part of the system also
find the pink wire and unplug it
see if that works
shoot me an e-mail i might have a factory manual for u

I tried that and no it stayed

I tried that and no it stayed on.I have a shop Book for this motor but it doesnt get any deeper than testing heat & oil sensors for this problem.
Trim sensor also shows properly on digital tach.Tach shows sub tank Full but bar over oil can flashing on guage.Nothing over Temp.Any ideas? thanks Ray

"I have tested both new sender

"I have tested both new senders twice as per shop manual.tesed out fine.I even tested old ones and they tested fine.I went over every wire on motor and every harness to & from motor.Im usually pretty good at this but this has me at whits end.the motor only has less than 1000hrs since new I take good care of it, start it every saturday and let it run in a tank until up to temp.This is the first real issue.Both senders run to computer then to guage. Computer? Thank You for your help with this.Maybe I can buy you a beer sometime.Any help is appreciated.Ray"

"hi,ray,i have the same proble

"hi,ray,i have the same problem,oil buzzer on and not go over 1800 rpm on 1992 yamaha 200,did u find out what is wrong with your motor?thanks."

Back