Logo

cathy

Contributing Member
"Well when you read this you c

"Well when you read this you can laugh and that's ok, it was a lesson to be learned. As you know we had overheat problems, we replaced the following, impeller with seals and housing, shift cable, exhaust bellows, u-joint bellows, t-stat, fuse block, ignition key and still had problems with the water right? Thought we had the impeller in wrong, nope it was right all allong, thought we would have to take to the marina and spend thousands on new engine coupler repacement. Nope that was wrong also, so you ask what was it, are you ready,,,,,,,,,,,,,THE WATER SOURCE, THAT IS CORRECT THE WATER SOURCE, BAD EARMUFFS. A friend of ours came over to help showed us his impeller and we realized we had that right , then he saw the hook up with the muffs to the hose, and said, I don't like the way that looks, so he went home and got his, There was a complete seal around the vents, unlike ours and we turned the garden hose slightly, and low and behold that water sucked up to that engine in a second. Did we need to replace all the stuff we did, I say if not now it would have been soon . I further recommend that anybody should learn from this. Don't overlook or assume anything when it comes to your boat. How such a little airleak in the suction cups could cause such a problem is a lesson for all. Now we can go fishing and I can truley say Thank you for all your help...........Don't overlook anything, don't give up, have patience and all will be well..............."

"Cathy,
Certainly good news.

"Cathy,
Certainly good news. I had this problem once and I did mention it to you in two of my replies!
happy.gif
I do realize that you were juggling a ton of issues at once and it's usually the "obvious" things that get overlooked.

When you have a good seal, virtually no water will come out around the rubber seals. Instead, you should see a steady stream of water coming from the right side of the LU - this is essentially a pressure relief hole."

"Glad to hear you didn't g

"Glad to hear you didn't give up. Don't feel bad. I remember one time I hooked the muffs up to a small coil hose. The wife got rid of the large hose, she liked the way the little one coiled up. Anyway I hook the muffs up and after about five minutes notice the engine apporaching the red! Shut it down, look at every possible cause for hours. I happen to have a large tub, filled it up and lowered the drive in it and it ran cool. Looked at this hose hook up and the hose was about the diameter of a pinky finger. Sometimes we overlook the obviois."

Back