Logo

Stalling problems with a 1985 25 HP Enduro

bigdaddy99

"my engine will stall when its

"my engine will stall when its under load for about 300 yards or so. Sometime I can get it started again, sometimes not. It was doing this last year, not long after I had the carb done. This year it continued to do the same thing so I replaced the fuel pump. It is still giving me grief. I have changed the tank and the fuel line. I was begining to think it was an electrical problem but noticed the ball has no pressure after it stalls. My next step is to replace the fitting on the motor where the fuel line attaches to. Does anyone have any idea of what this could be."

you have an air leak somewhere

you have an air leak somewhere
try getting all new lines and tank
is the vent open?

"I did try using a tank that I

"I did try using a tank that I knew worked and a different gas line. When we replaced all that and went out back onto the lake, it stalled in the exact same location (almost like its the Bermuda triangle)."

"i have the exact same problem

"i have the exact same problem.. on a freind's 93 25 yamaha. supposed carb rebuilt (by a boat shop), i changed the fuel pump, fuel line from tank to motor, and filter.. what adjustment on the carb would help this.. i will try the fuel tank from my boat next and see if that helps.. any other suggestions? it idles good, and runs good in my yard with the ears on it, it just bogs down after a couple hundred yards at full throttle in gear. if i pump the bulb about once a second, it will run fine..::????.. also about once every 30 cranks the throttle gets stuck at wide open and the engine revs uncontrollably.. i kill it, put it in gear, twist the throttle back and forth, and crank it fine.. any suggestions there?"

Back