Logo

251 diesel conversion

captain_chris

"I've recently bought a 86

"I've recently bought a 86' 251 Chris Craft Katrina victim, on Ebay, for 1400.00. The boat itself is cherry, the GM power plant is locked, and the clutch condition unknown. I have a 4BT Cummins, out of a frito van, and am wondering if anyone has ever done a conversion of this type? I am going to look into converting the dry exhaust to wet, or doing a riser/check to keep water from entering. I have a 72c borg warner, with a GM bell housing to replace the clutch. The reason for converting, is 'almost' free fuel. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks in advance, Chris"

Chris:

Interesting. The dri

Chris:

Interesting. The drivetrain will be off a mile due to different torque/ rpm range. You MUST use water cooled exhaust.

Visit the diesels board (below) and ask about there.

JEff

"Well Guys, I'm starting o

"Well Guys, I'm starting over, and am going to go with a 5.7 gas engine. I'm looking for supplier for same in dixie, and any tips will be appreciated."

"i want to convert from 5.7che

"i want to convert from 5.7chevy gas to deisels, can anyone tell me if this is possible with the boat keeping it's borg/warner1:1 transmission, if possible which brand of deisels is recomended.thanks"

Back