Logo

1990 90HP Force running very rough with no power

D

danland

"I just changed one of two blu

"I just changed one of two blue CDI power packs on my 90HP Force model $500.00 later(906A90C)because it is running very rough and stalls...I was told by a mechanic that this was the problem...... their was no change in the motor, still runs rough....also by pulling out spark plug boot off cyl.#1, it seems to run a little better,this was so even before I changed the power pack.. should I be looking at the coils instead? need help, it's beginning to be a nightmare........
This motor was running very good before it started acting up.."

"All my coils are firing and t

"All my coils are firing and trigger is giving signal,...#1 and #3 spark plugs are very wet (gas) maybe because boat has been sitting for a year ,for some reason it's seems to be getting too much fuel.... carbs need to be adjusted or cleaned??? I've double checked my wiring and everything is in order."

"No..#3 cylinder is not sparki

"No..#3 cylinder is not sparking. I've even switched power packs around. Checked my coils, all firing.. When I wire a CDI box to #3 cylinder I get nothing but when I wire it to the #1 and #2 it works, so I know it's not my power packs. Come to the conclution that I have a wiring problem. any suggestions?"

Back