Logo

OMC engine oil leak

ross7

Having trouble posting this me

Having trouble posting this message. Just installed a long block for OMC 250 HP and during test run discovered oil leak near top of engine (starboard side). Oil appears to be leaking down to position where rubber boot is located on exhaust manifold. Tightened value cover bolts. Next step to re-inspect exhaust manifold nuts. Any other suggestions where to look for leak?

"Bud, I'm confused as I th

"Bud, I'm confused as I thought all gear lube would be in outdrive and not in engine compartment. With OMC engine and cobra outdrive (I/O) is that not true or am I missing something here? Thanks for the reply."

"I'm sorry I thought you h

"I'm sorry I thought you had an older drive. I'm not too familiar with the cobra drive. the older stinger drive has a intermediate component to the drive system and it can leak lube into the bilge. Not sure with the cobra. Gear lube does have a rather nasty smell. Maybe you can get down there get a little on your finger and smell it. Hang in there, someone will chime in."

“Tightened value cover bolts”

“Tightened value cover bolts” you say. That might be your problem. 25 inch pounds only on value covers or the gaskets will split or slip out of position.

i also have oil leak problem o

i also have oil leak problem on my 460 king cobra and my oil pressure is high around 70 any suggestions?

Back