Logo

PCM SEA MAX 57 HO

toddmanchu

"This 2000 engine has supposud

"This 2000 engine has supposudley 300hp and is supposed to be able to get to 5000 rpm. I have never been able to get it to over 4600 since new with a 16x16 wheel. Now with over 1000 trouble free hours on it I tried smaller wheels and settled with a 16 X15. Great cruise and MPG, but this wheel wont turn over 4300. Some say I am over loading the engine. I say engine runs and sounds fine, and I just dont think the engine has the balls to go 5,000. What do u think?"

"I think it's tune up time

"I think it's tune up time. THe motor should have hit 5,200 rpms with an inch less pitch, not 4,300.

Jeff"

"Tune up time? What other than

"Tune up time? What other than new plugs would you suggest Jeff? As I said the motor has never turned full rpms. No one seems to have an answer for this. I have checked Tach to be sure it was not in error, throttle adjustments etc. I am beginning to wonder if I should just get a new or rebuilt carb. Otherwise, the thing is running like a top! Ecelent fuel economy, idle, acceleration and cruise speed. It just wont reach recomended rpm. Also compression test ok."

"Hummm... HAve you checked the

"Hummm... HAve you checked the true advance with a timing light? The advance should be around 26 to 28 degrees at 3,000 rpms. Sometimes the advance sticks.

Jeff

PS: It still should have reved higher with that less pitch rop."

Back