Logo

HELP OMC ESA Wiring Question

sacobra

"Go to the pertronix site or m

"Go to the pertronix site or mallory marine site and they have explicit instructions on how to make the ESA work with electronic ignition. It is very inexpensive to do. The other option is to get a new esa module for your cobra. The new style ESAs work with electronic ignition or points. The new ESA should cost around $65.00 or if you do the conversion yourself it should cost about $10 - $15 at Radio Shack. I have attached a Mallory instruction for converting to electronic ignition. The last page shows you how and what you need to do conversion for ESA module. Good luck <center><table border=1><tr><td>http://www.marineengine.com/discus/icons/mime_pdf.gif""" align=left alt=""application/pdf"">
[url=""][b]Mallory Conversion.pdf[/b][/url] (93.4 k)</td></tr></table></center>"

Thanks for the info John!!
I

Thanks for the info John!!
I thought that I might have to somehow figure out how to wire the old style ESA to the 4 prong connector on the new Delco distributor like the newer Cobra's had.

Get the new ESA (rapair/Cd

Get the new ESA (rapair/Cdi brand) - if yours is 17 years old - it's on borrowed time anyways...

Back