Logo

Newbie on outdrives

buzzzzz

I have rebuilt several car mot

I have rebuilt several car motors plus other types of mechanical jobs. So my ? is my cobra outdrive needs new seals upper and lower impeller etc. how difficult is this? I have a factory manual and seeing all the "special tools" and such is a little spookie.My mech. said it will take about 10-12hrs.labor + parts. So I'm debating whether to do-it myself or pay the PRICE$$$

"Had my Upper Gearcase rebuilt

"Had my Upper Gearcase rebuilt by someone else because of the Special tools. Not worth the possibility of damage to me. The Impeller is not a big job and is quite doable. The lower I can't speak to, but if needed I would have it done by someone else. I hope to have what is needed in the future to do it myself. The Labor you mentioned may not be out of line. I was charged for 8 Hours for my Upper Rebuild."

i just had the upper gears bea

i just had the upper gears bearings seals etc. and lower bearings and seals done on my king cobra lower unit was charged 14 hrs plus parts marine mech. did job on the side runs great im sure i saved alot but still pricey

Back