Logo

Concerns re air cooled diesel inboard

C

Charles Barclay

" i am contemplating buying an

" i am contemplating buying an open laun ch with a lister sr2 engine, air cooled, 15hp. i wonder if anyone can advise me if air cooled is much noiser and also if they have any problems in warmer weather? thanks for any assistance. oh, and anyone who can tell me more about the sr2 is very welcome to!

with kind regards, charles barclay, somerset, bermuda "

" Charles,
I'm not fa

" Charles,
I'm not familiar with that engine but basicly you trade the ability to dissapate heat and dampen noise for some other advantage, mostly weight savings, with a air cooled engine. You might also consider part availibity for that engine.
Eddie "

" I have a small water well dr

" I have a small water well drilling rig and the hydraulic and water circulating (mud pump) are both Lister two lungers. They run okay on 100 degree days in the West Texas sun, but they are in unlimited open air. Besure your motors have good ambient air circulation to them and you should not have any trouble where you are. "

"I had a friend years ago who

"I had a friend years ago who put an air cooled lister in a st pierre dory. It would run relentlessly all day here in the cool Pacific NW, even in a doghouse, but it was LOUD like you wouldn't believe.."

Back