Logo

OMC throughtransom steering cable

B

Bob Winchester

"I am looking for one of the o

"I am looking for one of the old OMC through-transom steering cables, used or new. I need one 13 to 16 feet long.

These cables have a 3" bronze ball near the outdrive-end of the cable that fits between 2 plates that mount to the transom to make a ball joint. The rigid steering arm then extends out and attaches to the outdrive.

FYI, the helm is an old Morse rotary style. The cable that is being replaced was made by Morse and bears part number E49568.

I know these have been obsolete for quite a few years so I am hoping to find a used one. Please contact me if you have any information. Thanks.

Bob
[email protected]"

" There is now a kit available

" There is now a kit available to convert the newer standard steering systems to the omc thru transom.
If interested you can call me at Dania Marine at 1800-748-7739 or 954-927-2999

thank you, Gabriel Acher "

I have a used one that is in

I have a used one that is in good shape. If interested mail me for details.

" I had the same problem,my mo

" I had the same problem,my morse cable broke.I was told any cable repair shop can rebuild you one providing you have both ends.
Instead,I went out and bought a teleflex rack and pinion and cable kit,but was then told you need to buy the morse adapter kit which was stupidly expensive.so basically i put the cable through,and bought one of the adapters to hook it onto the leg,and siliconed the hole up from the rear of the transom.you still get a little weepage of water,but nothing significant. "

Back