Logo

KAD 44 Fresh water leak amp actuator problem

M

Mats Parhammar

"Hi guys!

My KAD 44 is leak

"Hi guys!

My KAD 44 is leaking fresh water but only when the rpm is significantly higher than the 1500 you get when you rev the engine in neutral. The leakage seems to be at the stern of the engine but it's very hard to determine since I have to do between 25 and 38 knots to make the engine leak. So far I have:
- changed all hoses to and from the engine but not on the engine
- tightened the drain cock of the turbo
- tightened the drain cock just below the turbo
- changed the seal in the heat exchanger
- tightened all hose clamps
- checked all hoses and they are still soft

I have a new seal for the circulation pump but I'm thinking of replacing the steel seal of the turbo and the drain cock below the turbo.
Any tips and hints about this kind of leakage is very much appreciated!

The next problem is the error code 2.3 and complete automatic engine shut down. This happened when quickly decellerating and then accellerating. It's easy to reset, but why does this happen? The explanation in the manual is:
Control rod actuator uses to much or too little current. Open-circuit in connector to control module (pin 42). What does this actually mean?

Best regards,
Mats"

"For your water leak, check th

"For your water leak, check the exhast elbow where it bolts to the manifold and along the starbord side of the block where the head meets the block. you will need a mirror and what you are looking for are coolent stains.
As for your code 2.3,It is telling you that the actuator (fuel pump controll) is drawing to much or to little voltage and wants you to check # 42 pin in connector for proper voltage.Inproper voltage will cause the main relay to open stopping engin . Larry"

Back