Logo

Chrysler 32HB 36hp stopping after 5 minutes

masam

I brought a chrysler 32HB 3.6h

I brought a chrysler 32HB 3.6hp motor and it keeps stopping after 5 minutes of running. It is unable to restart for the next 5 minute then runs for another couple of minutes before stopping and strating repatedly. Any clues to my problem.

"What are you doing immediatel

"What are you doing immediately before you start it - and what I mean is:

Pumping up the fuel bulb, then choke the motor and start etc.

Stating what your doing can help to diagnose the problem.

For example if it runs after you have pumped up the bulb, but then dies out and the bulb is flat - could be a vent issue on the tank.

If you pump it up and then it simply "runs out of gas" in the cylinders - the fuel pump may be bad....."

"I have run the motor again ov

"I have run the motor again over the weekend to identify further info.
So this time the motor run longer than it has ever since I have had it. Approx 10 minutes. prop speed fluctuated several times and continued running. I left the fuel cap off to eliminate fuel lock.After 10 minutes motor stopped several times and was able to restart by adjusting the choke.
Temperature of shaft was quite hot, to hot to hold for more than 2 seconds. Noticed mist from exhaust rather than a spray.
When motor stalled the mist was very fine almost none.
Can water pump be starting to sieze causing excess load on prop and motor thus stalling it? Is this a possible cause."

"Sounds like your impeller in

"Sounds like your impeller in the waterpump is shot and motor is probably quitting because of overheating.

You may have done some significant damage to the powerhead if it has been getting hot enough to kill the engine.

You should do a compression test to see what kind of shape things are in. If the compression is still acceptable, then a waterpump kit is in order..."

Back