Logo

West bend silver shark 1961 18 hp and west bend 12 hp

D

david adams

looking for any parts and info

looking for any parts and info available...the 18 is running good...the 12 doesnt seem to have spark

"Depending what you need, you

"Depending what you need, you can try getting ahold of Andrew (who moderates this site) and if no luck there you can try www.discount-marine-parts.com they carry a number of tune-up parts/carb kits for older discontinued/orphaned outboards..."

I have a west bend 50 hp I nee

I have a west bend 50 hp I need to know what the plug gap is so I can replace them. also the engine runs good but I think the rings are worn because i see alittle oil type trace in the water what should I do? Can i re build it

I have a 85 sea ray with a 228

I have a 85 sea ray with a 228 mercruser. it is blown . What other engines will match the water jakets and the bell housing so I can get on the water with some power?

Hi guys I am new to all of thi

Hi guys I am new to all of this.
I was just wonderin what the problem might be when your outboard motor jolts while your mooving.
I have a twelve foot tinny with an 18 hp westbend outboard. Cheers Peter.

"Peter, a "jolt" would

"Peter, a "jolt" would most probably be caused by a fuel stoppage.

So a clogged line, clogged carb, fuel pump on it's way out, clogged filter, old gas, water/moisture in the gas, collapsed gas line, clogged vent on the tank.

If the compression on the motor is good and the spark is good to all cylinders then you can start a systematic troubleshoot - start at the the gas tank (including the pick-up inside the tank) and move towards the engine from there."

"Depending what you need, [url

"Depending what you need, www.laingsoutboards.com (mail/web orders from Buffalo NY area) has ignition, carb and waterpump parts/kits (regular maint stuff).

If you are looking for parts such as gears, pistons etc, I can dig up a link for a decent recycler that could possibly help you out..."

Back