Logo

MD6Bwater in the oil

tunesmith

Either blew the head gasket or

Either blew the head gasket or had back siphoning. I did over heat the engne by forgetting to open the raw water inlet at the end of last season. I tried to remove as much water as possible by changing the oil several times. Could not find a mechanic willing to work on it (there're like Gods around here)so it sat all winter. I can see rust around the rocker arm assemly when I remove the oil cap. If I have the head gasket replaced what issues will I have with the rust and what should be done to alleviate it. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

I had water in my MD11C crankc

I had water in my MD11C crankcase. It was caused by my leaving the water inlet hose in a bucket of fresh water when I was preparing the boat for spring launch. The bucket was above the engine so that the water would siphon back into the engine when I would shut it down and leave it over night. I changed the oil and filter several times and it seems fine now.

"I made another post but do no

"I made another post but do not see it here. Basically I would like to know what problems if any, may arise with rust inside the engine and what my options would be.

Thanks"

"you probly have rust thr out

"you probly have rust thr out the engine,if when you remove cyl head there is rust on cyl walls then unit needs to come out for o/h. if no rust then remove oil pan to check for rust on crankshaft, if none then you mit be able to get buy with cyl head o/h."

"I finally was able to to remo

"I finally was able to to remove the head to replace the head gasket. There was a little rust around the rocker arm assembly but the cylinder walls look fine. The gasket appears to be OK although I will now of course replace it, no warping of the head and as far as I can see there are no cracks in the block. I am not sure what caused water to get into the oil, other than the possibility of back siphoning thru the exhaust. This is the second time I have found water in the oil. Changed the oil and filters several times the first time it happened. Anyone have any idea what might have caused this? I hav read about installing an a anti-siphone valve in the exhaust but can't find a store that has one. Any suggestions appreciated."

Back