Logo

Volvo MD11C saildrivde

jashenderson

"I recently noticed water in t

"I recently noticed water in the saildrive transmission oil of my 1980 Volvo MD11C, 23 hp. There was also milky oil around the rubber boot that surrownds the outdrive. How can I find out what is wrong and how can I fix it.

Jim Henderson"

Boat needs to be hauled and dr

Boat needs to be hauled and drive drained and flushed. Adapt a pressure tester to try and locate water leakage. Usually shaft seals.

"Installed new tanks on my MD1

"Installed new tanks on my MD11C Volvo Penta. Fuel line goes from tanks to a tank switch which is higher than both tanks, fuel filter and engine. From the switch it goes to the fuel filter and then the engine. I filled the filter with fuel, bled the lines (or so I thought) and started the engine. I noticed the fuel in the glass bowl of the filter starting to get lower. When I shut off the engine, the bowl did fill up. I have repeated this several times. How do I get the filter to stay filled with fuel?"

"Chuck:
You should have made

"Chuck:
You should have made this a new thread, but I will make a sort answer anyway: Find the air leak or restriction in the system, likely between filter and tank."

Back