Logo

23 litre ford

J

john w

i just did tune up and still d

i just did tune up and still dont have any take off power but it will run 40 mph just takes forever to get there wont pull skier or tube any suggestions

"Check your timing and not jus

"Check your timing and not just at idle but you need to confirm that the timing advance (springs and weights) are working, these are located under the points plate in the distributor, could be rusty seized weights or even a broken spring."

"No it will just have a genera

"No it will just have a general lack of power. If # 2 is not firing (how did you determine that?) it could be many things, bad plug, bad plug wire, bad intake valve."

"Try this test: Let it idle,

"Try this test: Let it idle, warmed up fully, and pull a wire at a time from the distributor cap (using insulated pliers and heavy gloves). The motor should slow noticable when the wiire is removed, and speed up when it's replaced.

Jeff"

I used a test light. Had my

I used a test light. Had my girlfriend turn the motor over and put the test light in each hole of the distributor and #1 and #2 are firing but the other two will not

Did you use a timing light for

Did you use a timing light for this? So you are saying you are only running on 2 cylinders? Can't believe it would even start or run! Do Jeff's test above to really see if any of the 4 are not firing and then diagnose from there.

Thank all very much. I had a

Thank all very much. I had a screw down in the distributer. got it out and it runs great. thank you again

Back