Logo

1994 OMC Cobra 4 cyl

dan1970

"Hi Guys,

It's been a w

"Hi Guys,

It's been a while since I've been here, but have a "possible" problem, maybe not, that I'd like to address.

first, a little background. my boat is a 1994 4 winns 170 Freedom with a brand new OMC Cobra 4 cyl engine in it. I had a new engine dropped in last year, just because I love this boat.

Anyway, I've had it on the water only twice this season. Today, I put a new battery into it, and wanted to start up the boat in my driveway with "muffs" on just to make sure I got all the wires hooked back up correctly.

Anyway...when I did a walk around of the boat while it was running, I was at the rear end and noticed that water was pumping out from the usual spots on the lower drive as it usually does, but also water was pouring out from under the outdrive where the outdrive meets the back wall of the boat and connects into the engine compartment area. I DON"T THINK I've ever seen water coming here before, but can't totally remember. Can you guys help me out on if this is ok, or not. again, I've had the boat out twice and have had all normal temps from idle on up to full throttle.

WHere should and shouldn't there be water coming from on my lower unit, and if it shouldn't be coming from under where a described, what might the problem be?? Oh I checked inside the engine compartment for any leaking or loose hoses, and nothing..I felt the hoses and could feel cold water running in them, and the engine compartment was dry.

Thanks
Dan"

"Well, I am not sure where the

"Well, I am not sure where the slits in the bellows are..but all I know is that water is just basically pouring out from up under where the lower unit meets the back of the boat...I can't really see up in there at all. It's still squirting out the weep hole like it should too."

"Just look between the upper g

"Just look between the upper gear case and the transom assembly, you will see a rubber hose that it corrugated with slits in the bottom, if the water is coming from the slits you are ok."

"Andy,

thanks for the help.

"Andy,

thanks for the help. I started it up this morning and took a good look up under there, and sure enough the water was coming from those "slits"

Thanks
Dan"

Back