Logo

How much

buzzid

"hey guys,

how muc

"hey guys,

how much should i expect to get on the used market for my 15 hp yamaha 4 stroke 2004, electric start, low hours and well looked after. i'm considering upsizing to a 25 as the 15 just can't get my boat and fishing buddy on the plane."

"Your motor is relatively new

"Your motor is relatively new - the discount marine places are selling brand new ones for just on 2 grand.

You should be able to easily get 1500 for yours if it's sound and still cosmetically "pretty"

Sometimes it depends on where you are. Although Yamaha produces more outboard motors than any other mfg, they are still perceived in alot of places as that "import" motor.

As an example within 50 miles of where I live there are 3 OMC dealers and 2 Merc - no Yamaha or Honda and have never even seen a Tohatsu dealer (anywhere).

So myself - I would be leary buying a Yamaha. If something went wrong I could potentially be waiting a few weeks for parts.

But if you have service available and close by - Yamaha is popular in your area, you should be able to sell it and get a good dollar for it..."

Back