Logo

Price for 1971 Merc 110 98 hp engine

D

Don Fedor

A friend has a 1971 Merc 110

A friend has a 1971 Merc 110 (9.8 hp) that he is
willing to sell to me. It is in good condition
and has always been used in fresh water. Can
anyone help me with a reasonable price for it?
Thanks!

" Hi Don,
What is "good

" Hi Don,
What is "good condition"? If it is freshly serviced (new waterpump impeller, hoses, plugs, carb kit, etc.) and it comes with a good, clean tank & hose, then I would say a couple hundred, tops. Also, be prepared to do any service yourself, as many dealers won't touch anything that old...
- Scott "

I have one from 72. it's

I have one from 72. it's a tank. they have no points in the ignition. Less parts to go bad. I see them sell on ebay for in the $500 range. and you still have to pay shipping on top of that. The hoses on mine were rotten so that is a consideration. but it isn't that old and parts are readily available.

" I bought my 9.8 Merc 110 abo

" I bought my 9.8 Merc 110 about 4 months ago for $400. BUT, the motor I bought was almost like New in the box! The powerhead still has all the factory stickers and tags! Probobly less than 10 hours on the thing. "

" I bought my 9.8 Merc 110 abo

" I bought my 9.8 Merc 110 about 4 months ago for $400. BUT, the motor I bought was almost like New in the box! The powerhead still has all the factory stickers and tags! Probobly less than 10 hours on the thing. It is a 1973 model. Hey, does mine have points in the ignition?? "

Back