Logo

StarTron Gas additive

doug_k

Hi! StarTron Gas additive. Has

Hi! StarTron Gas additive. Has anyone used this for preventive maintence for ethanol gas 10% at the gas station? I noticed some stations have 10% methanol and some ethanol. Is there a better one for less problems?
THANKS

"If you're using E-10, you

"If you're using E-10, you have to put additive in there to keep it from absorbing moisture.
It's no longer just a winter-layup thing. If the humidity is high enough, like Virginia, E-10 will suck up enough moisture to cause problems in a matter of a couple/few of weeks.
Startron is amoung several suitable additives for E-10."

"Never seen methanol added to

"Never seen methanol added to gas, just ethanol.

I used the Startron stuff lkast winter and have seen NO water in the gas at all. I'm a believer.

Jeff"

"Not really a better/worse que

"Not really a better/worse question for the consumer. Ethanol is replacing methanol as a fuel additive. Ethanol has some advantages over methanol reagrding total emissions, but ethanol loves to suck up water. Not a big deal for cars that fuel up every week or so. Can be a big deal for a boater that fills his 150 gallon tank every two months!
Won't be long, you won't be seeing methanol at the fuel pumps anymore. And yes, E-10 is 10% ethanol."

Back