Logo

Top end

xray

I have a 97 nissan 70 hp. It i

I have a 97 nissan 70 hp. It idles fine and runs fine up to a little more than 1/2 throttle and then it acts like it is starving for gas....any ideas about what I need to adress would be greatly appreciated

"I Would adjust carb, clean je

"I Would adjust carb, clean jets, plugs, and fuel filer. These may not be your problem but it would be a good start to diagnose your problems. If it is your problem you just saved money not taking it to a dealer."

"sorry I failed to mention tha

"sorry I failed to mention that the boat had set for about a year and the carbs were recentlt all removed and cleaned, I thought it might be an air leak, so I replaced all the fuel lines and the squeeze bulbs, Does it sound like an air leak or a air/fuel mixture rpoblem at the carbs?"

"If the carbs were cleaned and

"If the carbs were cleaned and didn't need rebuild (float/jets ok), you still may not be getting enough fuel into the cylinders.

You could have a gum problem between the carb and the head itself. There are a few different marine engine cleaners available that you spray directly into the carb with it running and they do a fair job of getting all the gunk out - this may help..."

Back