Logo

89 43 Corba outdrive oil

sae267839

Ok I should know this but what

Ok I should know this but what oil do most people use in there outdrive. I know the manual says OMC... Does anyone else use anything different?

"Sorry Scott...I always change

"Sorry Scott...I always change my own but I've always used OMC Hi-Vis and last year OMC Ultra HPF. I've checked the OMC, Clymers and Seloc manuals and all reference OMC Hi-Vis. I've checked all the labels on my jugs in the garage and they don't give you a clue as to what's in there."

"Many people put in auto gear

"Many people put in auto gear lube and get away with it. But what they don't know is the marine lube is full of anti-foaming agents much unlike the auto stuff. These drives are sealed and the diffs on auto's are vented. Know were I'm going?? Foam,Pressure,Popped Seals."

"How about a good quality, ful

"How about a good quality, fully synthetic gear oil? Will that work OK, or is foaming still a concern?}"

I got mine at autozone. It is

I got mine at autozone. It is pennzoil marine gear lube sold in quarts and states it is ok for omc but not for the electric shift. Mine has not foamed any and doing fine.

"oops, bought at Advance Auto

"oops, bought at Advance Auto Parts, not autozone! Is in the aisle where you can find marine grease etc. not in the car oil section."

Back