Logo

When it rains it pours

wakeboarder86

"thanks guys for all the help

"thanks guys for all the help with getting my motor runnin right... and well wouldnt you know as soon as i get it running good something else has to mess up... but i mean its a Force, what else should i expect haha... anways i took it out today and it ran great and made no noises and acted normal.... well when i got it home i noticed a stream of milky oil running out of a weep hole thats about 1/8 inch in size (three of these holes on each side of foot on the lower unit). well i drained the oil outta the foot and it was milky too, but no pieces of metal thank goodness. so im sure i need to go through the seals in the lower unit but should i have to worry bout the gears since its running fine and didnt seem to be any wear? also my prop moves back and forth about 1/2 inch but i believe this is b/c of a thrust washer behind the prop correct? or could this be what caused my problem. anyways thanks for reading this long post but i really appreciate your help!"

"It's definately a seal pr

"It's definately a seal problem - but you caught it right off, so you should be fine.

Where you describe that it was weeping out of, kinda indicates that your main seal problem may be in your waterpump base (perhaps). If it was your prop shaft (around your rear thrust hub) I would expect it to be escaping from there - although water could have entered there and forced it out the top (indicating both seals are shot)...

And yes, you should be able to move the prop back a bit by pushing on it, but it should take some pressure to do so."

"I just replaced the seals on

"I just replaced the seals on my lower unit. It was really quite simple. The manual is actually quite helpful. Oh, one thing, be very careful pulling off the gearcase cover. It's the plastic part that the water pump sits on. When I pulled mine off I wasn't careful enough and broke it in two. Fortunately Iwas able to replace it at a cost of $110, so just watch it if you decide to tackle this yourself."

"where can i get a complete se

"where can i get a complete seal kit for my foot? ive seen some seal kits on ebay, but which one exactly would i need. anyone that can help me out with thise i would really appreciate it! thanks btw.... its an 86 force 85hp"

You should be looking for Merc

You should be looking for Merc part number FK1063-2 (or anything that will cross ref to that)...

Back