Logo

Help me identify a part numberPLEASE

switlikbob

Contributing Member
Hello...I am trying to ID a pa

Hello...I am trying to ID a part number for the gasket that fits between the intermediate housing and upper gear unit on a 280 outdrive. I can't locate it in the diagrams. Any help is appreciated...thanks!

"Thanks, but I already checked

"Thanks, but I already checked that diagram, as well as the upper unit diagram. THe gasket is no tlisted there...or at least it is not "pictured"."

There are two o-rings installe

There are two o-rings installed between the upper gear assembly and the intermediate housing: part 7 (925259) and part 31 (125017). Which other gasket are you looking for?

I have those already. Perhaps

I have those already. Perhaps the gasket used was home made? It is not shown in an y of the diagrams. The gasket that I pulled off yesterday is the same size and shape as the bottom of the upper unit.

"I need 2 manifolds,2 gaskets,

"I need 2 manifolds,2 gaskets, and two gaskets that go between the Risers and the manifolds.
When I try to get what seems to be the right gaskets for the 4.3GL-A, It says... (on the Sierra Web sight)gaskets are for a V-8. can someone help me? Possibly my friend the Fisherman?[email protected]}}}"

Back