Logo

Yamaha 115 4 stroke stalling

boogie

I've got a 2003 yammie 115

I've got a 2003 yammie 115 4 stroke that stalls when in neutral (idling) after it has warm up. Could anyone lead me in the right direction.

Thanks
Boogie

"How does it run up high when

"How does it run up high when you get past the point when it stalls? Does it achieve max rpm. If it is fine up high, check and adjust the TPS (throttle position sensor) If that is ok there is a small adjustment screw on your throttle body, that may need to be screwed in a half turn."

"Runs well, except that once t

"Runs well, except that once the motor has warmed up (got to my location) I will put it in neutral in order to shut the motor, however after it idles for a second or two, it dies.

Boogie"

"I experience the same trouble

"I experience the same trouble with my boat. Runs awesome at full throttle and when you get to low rpm in or out of gear ,such as pulling into a fishing hole or loading up the boat, she dies. I was told by a seasoned yamaha mechanic that he had seen alot of that at our elevation (4400 ft above sea level). He said he had tried everything he could think of and finally swapped out the cdi for a new one, and the problem went away. He also said he had seen quite a few boats with this problem and did the same thing, and has yet to see any of those boats back. seems that for a while, yamaha didnt have their act together on those cdi boxes, and yamaha even helped out on the price of replacing them. too bad for me that i bought mine used, so i get to pay 700 bucks if i want to give this a shot. but i hope this helps you out."

Back