Logo

Bogging down aq151c

akdperry

"I've recently installed n

"I've recently installed new coil, pertronix ignition and new cap/rotor. took boat out for test run. ran great! got right up on step. about a half an hour out it started to bog down, to the point where i could only hit 2000rpm and about 6mph, or it just wouldn't start. funny thing was, It would run and rev just fine in neutral. checked all the wires/etc, seemed to be fine. switched to auxillary fuel, no change. any idea where to look next?"

"Regarding the Pertronix kit,

"Regarding the Pertronix kit, make sure the gap between the module and the magnetic sleeve is 0.030". Then, make sure you are getting enough fuel and that both carbs are working and synchronized. You could also have a weak coil (make sure the coil is 3 ohm or higher)."

"gap is good, checked it twice

"gap is good, checked it twice. i think i have a fuel pump problem. i am checking tomorrow, but there isn't really any suction. the fuel line from filter to pump is basically dry, with a few drops of fuel after some cranking. i can't seem to find a replacement fuel pump for the aq151c though. any ideas on where to find one (if that is the problem)"

Back