Logo

1989 PCM Boat amp PCM 4 cyl IO Info needed

skipper369

"I need info about a 1989 PCM

"I need info about a 1989 PCM boat & 4 cyl. I/O I am thinking about buying.
The boat is a 17'8" walk through bow rider type, the 12 digit hull # begins with PCM as I am told it was manufactured by Pleasurecraft Marine, I didn't know they made boats. It has a 4 cyl. I/O with PCM engine & PCM Outdrive. I am having trouble finding info on engine, outdrive & boat. Info from the engine is Pleasurecraft Marine Engine Co. model # PXLTWSL10, serial # 880292, firing order 1342. Also the usual stating that it conforms with various laws at date of manufacture with these numbers below that 4G54 FB2496.
I am trying to find out if this is a Ford or chevy type block, horse power, general information. It looks like it is freshwater cooled, I believe it has a heat exchanger. The head is sitting loose on the engine, the exhaust manifold is disconnected & a couple of hoses. Engine & outdrive appears to be pretty clean. The guy says it has a bad cylinder he bought it that way and he started to work on it (didn't get far) and stopped. I don't mind doing the engine work but I need info about this setup to get parts (if they are available) etc. also I can't find manuals anywhere.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
George"

"The motor you are referring t

"The motor you are referring to is a mitsubishi, 140 horse. PCM model 4140. I have most of the information on it. I have the same one , but in a center counsel model, with a straight shaft. Joe"

"i have the same set-up with a

"i have the same set-up with a Velvet drive transmission between the engine and outdrive, BUT my upper gears in the outdrive are shot and we don't have a dealer anywhere near here. Where can i get these parts???"

"you could try Phils motor rep

"you could try Phils motor repair, out of port salerno fl. 1-772-287-2653. Or possibly any other pcm dealer/repair shop. I haven't seen too much on sterndrives, My manual shows the 4140 with and without the sterndrive coupled to it."

i e-mailed PCM and they say th

i e-mailed PCM and they say they don't support with parts what i have. Any ideas what i can do? is there a modification i can make to use a mercruiser leg work etc?? i will try Phil's.

"Do you have the manual for th

"Do you have the manual for the engine and sterndrive set up? I have the orginal one for mine, which shows the sterndrive application in it. It's not much of manual , but it may help, let me know if needed."

Re: "Do you have the manual for th

"Do you have the manual for the engine and sterndrive set up? I have the orginal one for mine, which shows the sterndrive application in it. It's not much of manual , but it may help, let me know if needed."

I know, old thread. But do you still have the manual with info about the sterndrive? I need info and can't find a thing!

Back