Logo

1987 43 OMC Fuel Issues

milrtym75

"I have a 4.3 litre OMC on a 1

"I have a 4.3 litre OMC on a 1987 SeaRay. I can hook up a garden hose in the drive way and the boat will run all day long at any RPM. When I get to the river the boat starts fine and runs fine, when I launch it, I can get about a 100 yards and the motor dies and will not refire. This has happened 2x. Then when I get it home I have to manually feed it fuel then it will run all day again. I cleaned the carb thoroughly, the fuel pump is pumping, and the filters are new. But is the fuel pump possibly not pumping enough under a load in the water? Or is their some other problem? Please help anybody. Thank You."

"I have a 1988 Four Winns 4.3v

"I have a 1988 Four Winns 4.3v6 cobra OMC.
The problem Im having is when you put the throtle down to get moving the enging wants to bog down, however when taking off it seems ok or idle, it good but when you take off fast it wants to bog down almost to the place of stalling. I have replaced the fuel/water separating filter put new plugs in just in case and added some sea phome to the gas and still have the same results. I even sprayed some carb cleaner around it because of some carbon build up. I thought maybe the 4 brl was sticking and not wanting to kick in. Not sure what problem is. You can't give it the gas quick or it will start to bog down you have to gradually increase speed. What do I do next??????"

Back