Logo

Does NOT suck water on 270 PART 2 FEEDBACK

schhay

"Thanks again guys for helping

"Thanks again guys for helping. I have found out something on that one test run I did. Remember my expert wanted to charge me $750 because he have to remove the stem to fix it because it was sucking air? He MAY be correct BUT I found that this is unnecessary work. Please take note of what I learned.

YES....when the boat is OFF the water connected to a water hose and running on dry land, the boat WILL SUCK AIR, thereby, not providing any water to the engine. BUT if the boat is IN THE WATER, it will suck WATER because when the boat is submerged in water, the AIR that it is sucking in fact is NOW water because no air in the water.

DILEMNA: Since it is sucking water when operating in water, I am contemplating not fixing the EXHAUST bellow, water hose connector, o-ring on the stem, which are all leaking. Is this recommended? What are the risks?"

As soon as you get on the plai

As soon as you get on the plain the leg will go above the waterline and you will suck air and overheat.must fix all of the parts

"Start with the cheap fixes fi

"Start with the cheap fixes first and work your way up. Start with the hose connector and gasket. It's an inexpensive part and easy to replace. Take a test run, that may be all you need to do. If not then proceed to the next phase; the O-ring at the bottom of the intake tube. If you're concerned about the exhaust bellows then replace it when you replace the hose connector. It's also fairly inexpensive and easy to replace and in the same area as the hose connector. Always keep an eye on your temp gauge when testing the boat."

Back