Logo

Can I run without the Thermostat Completely

schhay

"First of all. Thank you very

"First of all. Thank you very much El Pescador for helping with my 270 not sucking water. You are great. And so are others who assisted me.

My AQ125A heats up to 180 quickly and start to leak the radiator water out of the cap. I have already replaced the radiator cap with an automobile STANT brand at 7 lbs of pressure. Is this too much pressure? What is the recommended pressure and risk, if any? ALSO I am contemplating test running my boat this weekend WITHOUT the THERMOSTAT installed and see how hot it will get? Any risk and/or advise?"

"Your problem is not the therm

"Your problem is not the thermostat, it looks like it is either a faulty o-ring at the bottom of the outdrive water tube or a corroded (leaky) hose connector. By removing the thermostat you will not deal with the cooling problem, you just may clear (temporarily) some of the symptoms.

If your heat exchanger cap leaks, you may want to replace it with an original VP so that you get the correct rating."

"The themostat is fine. I boil

"The themostat is fine. I boiled in water and it works. I re-installed and test run but one thing still consistant. After it gets hot, the coolant seaps out of the radiator cap slowly. Is it because the pressure is too high from the thermostat possibly not opening causing the radiator cap to be pushed up because the cap is only 5-7 lb pressure? This is what I suspected. I am going to test run a stronger radiator cap and also without it completely. Is this advisable still?"

"As I said in my previous post

"As I said in my previous post: if your heat exchanger cap leaks, you may want to replace it with an original VP so that you get the correct rating."

Back