Logo

Honda 2HP 4 stroke running problem

S

Steve B

Engine starts and idles good b

Engine starts and idles good but when I rev it up without the choke on it dies...even after it's good and warmed up. I can give it full throttle with the choke on "but it will run a little sluggish" but if I give it more than 1/2 throttle without the choke on it dies out. I cleaned the entire carb real good. The gasket is in poor shape but has a complete seal all the way around..should I replace? Any help would be appreciated...thanks!

rebuild the carb with all new

rebuild the carb with all new parts
then u need to adjust the idle and pilot screw

"You say you cleaned the carb

"You say you cleaned the carb real good, but do you know how to clean a carb. Did you remove the little jet and clean it out too???

The carb's the problem. You don't need new parts, but you do need to know how to clean out a carb."

"I've had a similar proble

"I've had a similar problem. Idles great, runs good at medium, but when I give it full throttle it died. I cleaned it, put new gaskets, still the same. It ran better but still would cut out at full throttle. I thought I had cleaned all holes where gas went through and then I found 2 extra on the left side of the choke I had missed and found a little wasp cocoon in the top hole. After using a thin piece of wire to get it out and then carb spray I cleaned it out now it runs perfect. I nev er thought about bugs going thru the air cleaner, but that was my problem. maybe this could help."

CHECK YOUR TIMING BELT SOUND L

CHECK YOUR TIMING BELT SOUND LIKE YOUR TIMING IS OFF

Back