Logo

1987 Dixie Sper skier drive shaft

romans116

Greetings---There is a brass r

Greetings---There is a brass retaining nut inside the boat where the driveshaft goes through the bottom of the boat. It loosens up when the boat is in gear and water comes in. Should I tighten it down with a wrench? Is there packing inside that to keep water from coming in? Thanks for help.

The motor and tranny need to b

The motor and tranny need to be adjusted to make it spin with out binding? Should that nut be hand tightened?

I have a 87 Dixie and this yea

I have a 87 Dixie and this year when cranked up it expelled a good bit of brown water . Then I noticed a strange noise when turning the boat. Then took a couple of folks skiing and the noise got worse so stopped and plan to take in for repair. Any ideas what could be the problem???

Where does it seem to be comin

Where does it seem to be coming from? The brown water is probably from rust if you left water sitting in any of the water jackets. Does yours have a big brass collar between the end of the tranny and the brass cap nut on the plumbing that the drive shaft goes through? If so what is it for? Where should it be positioned. I would love to see some pix of your boat.

I am boat stupid just bought i

I am boat stupid just bought it from a friend who moved but it was in excellent shape. It was poperly winterized (I think) . Do not know about the brass collar..boat is at the lake and I am not..so no pix at this point either..just wondering if anyone had any idea about the noise when turning and then got worse after a trip skiing. Maybe should have never tried skiing??

Back