Logo

PLEASE HELP TRIM ISSUES 1985 Yamaha 115hp

M

Moriah

"I recently purchased a 1976 G

"I recently purchased a 1976 Glastron CV-16, with a '85 Yamaha 115hp. The motor was rebuilt in 2000, and they had the stainless steel conversion in 2005. Well, when I first bought it, it would not power trim down at all. It would trim up (only about 3/4 way)VERY slowly. I would use the manual release to trim down and it would mak a noise like bubbling(like pouring a 2-liter very quickly). Well, it does not move AT ALL now, but the motor sounds like it is running.
I figure I probably just need trim fluid, but I don't know where it goes into. Can anybody describe what this reservoir looks like?
Also, any ideas on why the first inch or so in either forward or reverse of the remote control would make a clicking noise in the outboard engine(like a baseball card in the spokes of a bicycle wheel), after that first inch, it accelerates VERY smoothly. Thank You!!!!"

"On the clicking bit it sounds

"On the clicking bit it sounds like you are " granny shifting " , An outboard must be put in gear quickly with a firm motion of the control lever.If you keep shifting the way you are you will pay and pay some more."

"Thank you!! I am obviously VE

"Thank you!! I am obviously VERY new at owning a boat, and I probably don't make enough money to have one, but I am addicted now, so I can't give it up."

Back