Logo

19891990 PCM 4 cylinder Mitsubishi 140 hp

blackgold

"I have an inboard PCM 4 cylin

"I have an inboard PCM 4 cylinder with a Rochester carburetor. The numbers stamped on the carburetor are:

Rochester 2 JET
3 20 T71
L7 8391 - electric choke

The symptoms I am experiencing are:

After running at idle, 850-900 rpm for three days, on the four day after running at idle for 30 minutes, the engine started to race. I shut the engine off, restarted, and it began to race again.

I am thinking about rebuilding the carb, but am having a difficult time locating a carb kit.

Any ideas or suggestions? Are there an cross over carb kits for the rochester listed above?

I lost my PCM manual during Hurricane Katrina.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Patrick
[email protected]
Slidell, La"

"Hi just_in_time,

I believe

"Hi just_in_time,

I believe you are correct!

The problem is finding a rebuild kit.

As for the tank, less than 1/4 full.

Any ideas of where to find a rebuild kit? I have searched many carb web sites.

Best regards,
Patrick"

well i can help u find the par

well i can help u find the parts
i work for a PCM dealer but return on Monday
i will need your serial number

I have a carb kit here ready t

I have a carb kit here ready to go if interested. Bought it at a pcm dealer but decided to replace the carb altogether. I replaced mine with a rebuilt carb from a marine carb dealer. Had to drill a hole in it however for sight tube. But works flawlessly!

"Hello guys. I have a 1987 pcm

"Hello guys. I have a 1987 pcm sunliner with a mits 2.6 4140. I have replaced coil, plugs and wires, points and cond, alt and batt. Now the motor is a hit and miss on starting. If boat sits for couple hours it will fire right up and run perfect, when shut down it will not start back up. While cranking motor I get strong fuel smell. I have checked: spark (good), plugs(good), alt(good), points/cond(good),everything I know to check <a onMouseOver="javascript:window.status='checks';return true;" onMouseOut="javascript:window.status='';return true;" href="http://parrotcoupe.info/?v=4%2E06&ss=checks">checks</a> out ok. Please any ideas?"

I have a 1987 PCM 4140 out of

I have a 1987 PCM 4140 out of a sunliner that has been sitting in my garage for several years. It is a low hours engine in good condition. It would make an excellent part engine. I think it would even run with a little work. If anyone is interested let me know.

Back