" The top end is rattling on the outside of the motor
i think it is the key on the flywheel

And i changed the lower unit oil and it was grey
Does that sound right when i unsrew it it releases th pressure form inside

Is $175 a good deal
It has a new stator, rectifier, harness , and was rebuilt in the motor

Thanks Eric "

" Eric, If the motor has a di

" Eric, If the motor has a distributor, check the top of the pulley. It may be loose, and will cause high pitch rattle. lower unit lube being grey indicates water in the lube. Try changing the o ring and gasket on the waterpump base. It may just be these seals. "

So the flywheel DOES NOT have

So the flywheel DOES NOT have a key. ( splined it is). Best to find the cause of the rattle before spending serious money eg cracked flexplate or a broken crankshaft are possibilities.

It does not have a distributo

It does not have a distributor
dad says it might be the starter bendix are it might be the metal casing of the motor itself
does this sound right
thanks
Eric

I have a 7.5 HP model 75 seri

I have a 7.5 HP model 75 serial#3806688 mercury. My first question is what year? MY main question is I took apart my lower unit and I noticed water pouring out under the powerhead. I then took the leg or drive shaft housing off and that gasket was bad.I then blew air through the intake line and there was air coming from what appears to be exhaust ports do I have a big problem or will fixing just that housing gasket work? I don't know a whole alot about outboards.

Back