Logo

AQ125A hard to start and keep ideling

ronald

I have a AQ125A 1983 volvo eng

I have a AQ125A 1983 volvo engine and it is very hard to start and keep running while cold.
Am doing something wrong?
Once it warms up it is great.

I had same problem I think a c

I had same problem I think a can of starting fluid would last me about 6 cold starts.

Check carb and I would also check to see if even compression in cylinders.
After having my AQ 120 replaced with a much newer one it now starts just as fast as fuel injected engine and never once stalled. But newer engine running dual carbs

"Ron, if you haven't done

"Ron, if you haven't done so by now, throw the points and condenser away and install a Pertronix electronic ignition kit; set the timing; set the idle mixture and idle RPM; and enjoy life.
biggrin.gif
"

"I would like to ad to the sug

"I would like to ad to the suggestion of using ether or "starting fluid" to start up your egines,
Yes it is a quick fix to fire up the-ol low compression engines with bad ring seal or gas flood cylinders, However! This starting fluid can and will eventually add more problems by increasing the wear of engine parts, ether was design for use of diesel engines and small 4 strok
lawn & garden type stuff, yes I have been guilty
of reaching for the ol- either myself from time to time, but at very last resorts. to give an example how I learned the wrong way>>>>
I had a car engine one time that was fowling a couple spark plugs so I shot a good spray of starting fluid in the carb. as I had done many times before, then I atempted to start over the engine when then I hear a big boom thru the exhaust, Well needles to say the engine never started again, I pulled the engine and found that 3 of the pistons had exploded in the cylinder walls, So my point is! be very wary of the Ol trusty starting fuilds..
wink.gif

sorry! not entend to be a lecture..
proud.gif
"

Back