Logo

37L mercrusier

defurry39

"i have a 1988 3.7L mercrusier

"i have a 1988 3.7L mercrusier and it shuts off after about a half hour and has no spark.i replaced the coil,points and condencer and it still does it.can some help me with this problem."

"-----------------------------

"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My 86 SeaRay has started running poorly. It runs great for the first hour, then acts like someone pulled one of the plug wires off. I run a 23P "

ken: Please start your own po

ken: Please start your own post to get the best response in lieu of attaching it to someone elses.

David:
Does the engine restar

David:
Does the engine restart right away? My first thought is it sounds like a faulty ground wire that loses contact after it heats up. Clean and reconnect all ground connections on the engine. A failing coil wire could also be suspect since it dies after a brief period. My own coil wire was coming loose and I finally used a plastic wire clamp to hold in on the coil. Also check the primary wire to the coil. There may be a loose connection along the wire path.

Guy

My 1982 had the same sort of p

My 1982 had the same sort of problem with running poorly when it got hot. It also depended on the actual weather conditions. Think it was a vapour problem as the fuel was getting to hot entering the carb and vapourizing prior to ignition. Don't know whether this would make the engine quit outright though..

Back