Logo

Yamaha 115 Four stroke 2003 model

D

Dennis Stout

"Start up the motor and it run

"Start up the motor and it runs quite. Make a 20 minute run up the lake, let it idle for a cool down and I hear a squealing sound from around the top part of the motor. Fish for about hour or two start the motor and it runs quite. But make another run and the noise is back. Dealer has had some people come in with the same problem but the dealer can't recreate the run and they can't find anything wrong. Any suggestions?"

I own a 2003 90 hp four stroke

I own a 2003 90 hp four stroke yamaha with the same problem. You are correct that there are several owners with the same problem.

Took motor to the dealer and they claim there is a bushing and seal in the lower unit that the flex shaft (driveshaft) goes through. The diagnosis seems correct to me and will replace the parts needed this week.

I am pretty sure that yamaha would have a TSB on this by now and instructions on how to repair.

Have your dealer check on this!

Had the dealer parts departmen

Had the dealer parts department fax a picture of the parts breakdown to show what bushing was making the noise. The bushing is located in the exhaust housing/upper casing and is called the driveshaft bushing. The yamaha part# is 67F-45318-00-00.

"Dealer replaced bushing in th

"Dealer replaced bushing in the lower exhaust housing and the same squealing noise is still there. Dealer to contact Yamaha and inquire on how to fix.
Also, being in the river quite alot I noticed that a friends Yamaha 250 four stroke makes the same noise. Will keep posting until problem fixed."

Back