Logo

Yamaha IO TiltTrim

trhorton

"Can someone please explain to

"Can someone please explain to me the sequence of operation for the Yamaha YEMS Tilt/Trim. The out drive lowers with no problem, but when raising the drive, it only raises part of the way. I've found that the position where the drive stops on rising is where the trim limit switch opens.

I can raise the drive with the manual switch on the outdrive or if I short the trim limit switch and use the trim botton on the remote controls the drive will raise.

I just don't understand what is supposed to happen when the trim limit switch opens as the outdrive rises. Or, if the trim positioner switch does more than indicate outdrive position on the gauge at the controls.

Can someone please explain this operation to me? Does anyone have the wiring schematic for this system?

Thanks"

"It Stops you from Over Trimmi

"It Stops you from Over Trimming into the Tilt range,.......
Running it Above the Limit will Tear the U-Joints to Bits in very short order........."

"The control has two detents,

"The control has two detents, push it in to the first click and it only raises in the trim mode. Push a bit harder and it will go in further and go into tilt mode."

Back