Logo

A story seldom told in the world of boating

mistahays

Advanced Contributor
"After four wonderful years, m

"After four wonderful years, many miles/hours and a few headaches, the ole girl at left was sold... FOR A $2K PROFIT!!!

41 SeaRay here we come!"

David is the 2K profit before

David is the 2K profit before or after maintainance expenses ??

Just Kidding

Good luck with the 41 Searay

Cheers
Peter C

"Well, yeah... in that case th

"Well, yeah... in that case there is some Enron math going on. I would have to declare a loss if i factored in maint."

"There are very few people who

"There are very few people who can ever say that they have made profit from owning a boat, but if you had to pick a way to loose money then its a not a bad way to do it.
Do you have your new one lined up yet ?
Cheers
Peter C"

"I guess the right way to say

"I guess the right way to say it is "sold it for 2k more than I paid for it". Congradulations. My brother who lives on a lagoon bought a 1983 24' Bayliner with a trailer three years ago for $3500.00. I thought he got taken after seeing it. He sold just the boat last year for an incredible $5400.00. He put nothing but gas into it. No slip fee, hauling or repairs, and the trailer went for $900.00!"

"Tony, your brother is a legen

"Tony, your brother is a legend, or a burgular, one or the other,
Good on him, he has done very well making a killing like that.
I did nearly double the money I paid for my last yacht, but that was shear luck.
It is however one of the ways that I use to keep on moving up in boat sizes, I look around for a project that will go close to doubling my purchase price when I sell and I take a punt.
My current boat is my Bertram Bahia Mar 25 that is in the picture next to my post, I paid approx 16K for it and I should be able to get around the mid 30"s for it when I sell it in about 18months time at which point it should owe me around 22K.
Then I will spend around 30K, to buy something that needs some work, but will return me around the 60K mark when I sell it.

And so the cycle continues.

Cheers
Peter C"

"My wife went balistic when sh

"My wife went balistic when she found my "quietly squirled away" boat fund, now almost $100k. This just means i have some more selling to do. Going to be boatless through next spring. It hurts."

My crocodile tears are floodin

My crocodile tears are flooding my bilge. Kids and their toys! Wa! Wa! Wa! All the way home.
ROFLMAO! Guy

David

How the hell do you q

David

How the hell do you quietly squirel away close to 100K without your wife knowing about it ????

And why didnt she kill you when she found out....

Dont let that one get away will you.
Cheers
Peter C

"Hey David, sounds like you&#3

"Hey David, sounds like you'll be making two purchases in the future. A $50,000.00 boat and a $50,000.00 gift for the wife, or you'll be living in a $100,000 boat, which is never a bad thing. Best of luck to you either way."

"You Kept a 100 grand from the

"You Kept a 100 grand from the wife's knowledge?
Your sir are a Magician!!!! A legend in your own time
biggrin.gif
"

Too funny. Tony D has the righ

Too funny. Tony D has the right idea. Going to grow the pile from here so by next spring i can slip into a sweet 40 Sedan Bridge. High probability that I may end up with another clapped out boat after my wife beats a new kitchen out of me.

"A new kitchen beats a diamond

"A new kitchen beats a diamond ring any day. At least you get to enjoy it, or what comes out of it anyway."

Back